What to Know
- Change contact ringtones: Contacts > name > More > Set Ringtone, tap a ringtone, tap Save. Get custom sounds from an app like Zedge.
- Change default sound: Go to Apps & Notifications > Notifications > Advanced > Default notification sound, then choose a new sound.
- Change Messages and Gmail sounds via notification settings. In the Phone app, go to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Phone ringtone.
This article explains how to change and customize Android telling sounds for text messages, calls, e-mail, social media, and just about any app on your smartphone .
How to Change Android Notification Sounds
notification sounds are just one of many ways you can customize your Android, and each version of Android refines the procedure. Your Android has a setting for the default presentment sound for all apps ; you can besides change sounds app by app. here ’ s how to change the nonpayment sound, and how to change the presentment sounds for Google Messages, Gmail, and the Phone app.
Set Custom Ringtones for Contacts
open Contacts, tap the name, tap the three-dot menu, tap Set Ringtone, choose the coveted ringtone from the list that appears, then tap Save .
How to Change the Global Default Sound
- open Settings .
- Tap Apps & Notifications .
Tap Notifications .
- scroll to the bottom of the filmdom and tap Advanced .
- Tap Default notification sound .
then you can browse the ringtones page, which is split into categories including My Sounds, Pixel Sounds, Classical Harmonies, and others. At the top, it says what the current nonpayment is. In this case, it ’ randomness called Chime–Pixel Sounds .
If you ’ re using a non-Pixel call, your ringtone options will be different .
Change the Notification Sounds by App
You can besides change the presentment sound in popular Android apps including Messages, Gmail, and the Phone app .
If you get a bunch of notifications and want to know without looking that it ‘s a modern textbook message, you can change the telling sound well. Use your own sound or any of the sounds that come pre-loaded on your Android smartphone. here ‘s how to change the presentment sound in the Google Messages app .
- Open the Google Messages app .
- Tap the three-dot menu in the clear right .
- Tap Settings .
Tap Notifications .
- Scroll down to Other.
- Tap Default .
- Tap Advanced .
Tap Sound .
If you do n’t see these menu options, look for Other notifications > Sound.
- You ’ ll see the lapp options as above for the ball-shaped default good .
Get lots of emails ? Change the telling sound for any Gmail address that syncs with your smartphone. This way, you know by reasoned if you ‘ve got a new electronic mail, and whether it ‘s personal or work-related. here ‘s how to change the presentment audio in the Gmail app .
- Open the Gmail app .
- Tap the hamburger menu .
- Scroll down and solicit Settings.
Tap your electronic mail address .
You can change the notifications sounds for each electronic mail address you have synced on your call .
Tap Manage notifications .
- Tap Advanced > Sound. Choose from the available options .
Android smartphones from the lapp manufacturer, such as Google or Samsung normally have the lapp default ringtone. frankincense, when several Google Pixel owners are in the lapp room, no one knows whose earphone is ringing unless they ‘ve changed the default. here ‘s how to do it .
- Open the Phone app .
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Sounds and vibration .
Tap Phone ringtone .
- choose from the available options .
How to Add Custom Notification Sounds
There are two ways to get custom sounds for your android : downloading them from an app or creating your own. One democratic app is called Zedge, which has thousands of detached notification sounds and ringtones in all sorts of categories ( music genres, sound effects, etc ). You can create and set custom-made ringtones right from the app .
You can besides create a customs sound from your darling song or movie line, for example. In this case, you ’ ll indigence to use an Android file coach to add the ringtone to your smartphone .
here ‘s how to manually add a custom-made strait to your settings .
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications.
- Scroll down and exploit Advanced > Default notification sound .
- Tap My Sounds .
- Tap + ( plus sign ) .
Find and select your custom strait .
- Your new ringtone should appear in the list of available ringtones in the My Sounds menu .